Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Emotional Diagram

This is a work in early progress. I hope someone finds it useful somehow. Sometimes I can't stop thinking about my emotions, and why I'm feeling what I'm feeling, so I drew this diagram to help me understand myself.

There's no starting point. It's just about how one emotion could evolve into another. For example, let's say you feel betrayed when a friend of yours does something bad beyond your expectations for them. That feeling turns into bitterness. Bitterness causes an emotional build-up that would make you depressed, and want to cry. It would also be likely to adjust your personality to some degree, to handle such situations better or to prevent them from occurring again, like becoming less trusting. The bitterness may turn into anger, and even rage, leading to recklessness, and ultimately, violent vengeance in the worst cases

No comments:

Post a Comment